You are caring for a family member.You dream of addressing their needs skillfully and with urgency and you are willing to put in the hard work to achieve success. You may have even considered taking a class or two to learn more about the role you are taking on, but for whatever reason—tuition costs, the time commitment, or other responsibilities for work, being a spouse, parent, entrepreneur or wanting to save your own life—you are not able to skillfully address the range of needs your aging family member presents.
You could use some guidance...you do not have to go back to school!
Most people contact us at a time of transition. When there are challenges on the horizon and the changes required a professional outsider to ensure you stay on track to reach your goals with a budget, the most common questions are:
- How long can Dad stay living at home?
- What needs to be in place for my parents to stay at home as long as possible?
- What does my Mom really want?
- I can’t keep track of my Dad’s medications and they seem to make him more confused
- I don’t know how to share the load with my siblings who live out of state
- I live out of state and my Mom’s neighbors say she needs more help
Each family is unique, and at Sage Solutions we have worked with hundreds of situations over the last 21 years. Sage Solutions starts working with you with the Building a Solid Foundation package. It offers a ‘do-it-yourself with guidance’ approach to caring for an elder. It is a unique way forward created by Health Gerontologist, Pat Sanborn, MS.MA. By teaching you the main components of professional care management and working closely with Pat you can step into a practical and specific role of more simply and effectively managing the care needs of an elder.